Thursday 30 March 2017

One (Senior) Internet Marketing beginners experience

“Once upon a time I couldn’t even spell ‘Social Media Marketer’, now I are one”.

As I approached my 70th birthday I recognised that something had to change. Having been retired for 7 years and feeling myself stagnating, I was in dire need of some stimulation and a challenge (not to mention some extra cash).

Several years ago, whilst in work, I dabbled with Internet Marketing but, frankly I did not have the right mindset to make a success of it at the time. All sorts of excuses were used to justify my lack of progress but in the end it was clear that I had become stuck in my own little pool of inactivity.
In an attempt to resolve this situation I attended a three day ‘Bootcamp’ in Brighton (Oct 2016) and was captivated by a number of the presentations which were light years ahead of those I saw back then.

One, in particular, stood out for me and it was to do with Social Media. I have two grown up children who use Facebook & Twitter incessantly (as well as Whatsapp amongst others) and frankly I was both bemused and dismissive of it all until I heard Paul OMahonys exhilarating talk at the show.

My reason for attending was principally that I was looking to develop a worthwhile activity which could not only provide some income but also give me the mental stimulus that I so badly needed.
Although I knew enough about the topic to realise that this is the way of ‘the future’ when I heard what Paul had to say it became clear that the potential/opportunity was even more vast than I had ever envisaged.

My mentor, Paul OMahony is one of the leading International experts in this field and has a bankroll to prove it. His collaboration with the top Marketers in the world has enabled him to produce a programme which is clear, thorough and comprehensive in its delivery.

Having only recently joined his online course I have to say the level of support is impressive, (which is just as well as my speed of picking up the intricacies of the internet is somewhat slower than that of your average 10 year old). Nevertheless, I am pleased with the steady progress I have made with the patient help of the team in his office, it is not claimed that success will be achieved overnight and participants are encouraged to plan well ahead setting realistic targets which are reachable within an appropriate timescale.

As far as the course itself is concerned I have access to a community website with a Helpdesk accessible 24/7 as well as 2 x monthly Skype calls with my personal mentor and a One-to-one meeting once a month with the man himself. The path to setting up a profitable business is clearly outlined and if followed diligently will enable even the most inexperienced participant towards a successful outcome.

There are also costs involved, although, if looked at as an investment in your future, they are relatively small. The risk factor in my experience is not extreme and is largely dependent on the level of commitment to the 'setting-up' programme, As with most things in life it is what you make of it and the criteria (at least on the programme I am on) is clearly laid out before you commit and from the very beginning the level of support is exceptional.

Don’t get me wrong there is a lot to learn and some of the terminology is a bit baffling to begin with but as I’ve already said the back-up support helpline is pretty much immediate and very thorough, above all I am finding it an enjoyable and stimulating challenge and I have made working contact with others of similar experience who share the same issues,fears and pressures and are happy to cooperate, sharing successful responses to any problems that may arise.

I am three months into a year long programme designed to build a profitable online business which I aim to pass on to my children / grandchildren. I have now gained a sense of purpose and feel as though once again I'm doing something worthwhile.

Suffice to say, I’ve got my ‘zip’ back again! Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment